Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lake Erie

Found these items of inspiration on the beach today:
Fossils
Bones
Feathers
Decaying fish.
I love how the flash on a camera makes everything a little creepier!
The pointy white object amongst the feathers is a bird's beak I think. I'm not a bone expert but it looks like one. Whatever it happens to be it's bleached by the sun & very interesting to look at.
I also found a large bone in a crevice in the shale cliffs on the beach. It was bleached white & had started to form a pearl like sheen on it. I was unsure as to what it was from or why it was stuck in the crevice so I decided to leave the unsettling find alone.
There were many dead fish, which is natural, but today they were especially big. I saw one that was 3 feet in length! ichthyophobia at its highest.
I had a great time & acquired some interesting objects to add to my inspiration collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment