Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Interview with an artist 2


  • about an hour ago
    Lauren Nicole Fratantonio
    • Hey Girl!
      I'm trying to start a series of posts on my blog about interviewing artists- and would like to post about you!
      I have my interview with brandon boyd up already, so if you would take a look & let me know if you would be willing to do so. The questions would be pretty fun, nothing deep or too artsy fartsy lol but still showcasing you in a positive way.
      - Hearts! Laurie
  • about an hour ago
    Alicia Balbuzoski
    • Laurie, that is extremely flattering that you want to interview me! I took a look at it and that is really awesome that you were able to interview him. And I would be more than happy to have an interview with you for it 
  • about an hour ago
    Lauren Nicole Fratantonio
    • Yay!! Thanks girl!
    • Okay Here are my questions for you:
  • about an hour ago
    Alicia Balbuzoski
    • of course!!
  • about an hour ago
    Lauren Nicole Fratantonio
    • 1) How did you become interested in art?

      2) What artists influence or inspire your work?

      3) I enjoy so much how your drawings look so real! How did you learn to do this?

      4) What would you create if you had no limits? Example no limits on money, time, or space.

      5) Is there something specific that motivates you to create your art?

      6) What is your favorite medium to work with?

      7) Describe your aesthetic, Mine is slightly creepy & pretty weird, what is yours?

       Would you ever get a tattoo of anything you have created- besides the flower you drew that you've got on your ankle?

      9) How would you exhibit your work at your dream show? An example, I would have trampolines for people to bounce on so they could see different angles of my work.

      10) What's your sign? ( had to throw that in ;p )
  • 32 minutes ago
    Alicia Balbuzoski
    • 1. I've always had an interest in drawing really. I remember drawing dolphins with my one aunt when I was really young. They were horrible though, looked more like a balloon with some sort of triangles off of it... I decided that I was going to make a career of it when I hit 9th grade, though I had no idea what I wanted to be at that time, I just wanted to be some sort of artist.

      2. There are so many artists, oh dear..Nicolien Beerens, she is an extremely talented realistic artist, that is who helped me with some of the portraits I've made in the past. There are a few street artists as well that inspire me Banksy, Space Invaders, and Shepard Fairey. I'm also very inspired by the sketches and paintings of Leonardo Da Vinci and the sculptures of Michelangelo. And honestly my friends as well, just seeing someone else paint or draw really makes me want to as well.

      3. Thank you so much, that really means a lot to me. And about how I learned, um all through high school I could only work at home in pencils, so I really learned how to use them on my own. Starting college was really the first time that I've ever had actual training with any of the mediums that I've used so far. I just try to look at what I want to make and do it.

      4. That would be absolute heaven...you know my obsession with owls so how about a giant great horned owl carved out of precious stone! Joking, though that might look really cool. Really though I think that I would want to keep doing what I'm doing, I would like to make larger paintings, like taller than i am at least! With pencil though I prefer small size.

      5. Not specifically, I'm motivated by music, by the outdoors, my family, friends, other artists. And I love being motivated by all of that because it really lets me see the beauty that is in everything. Except spiders. I am deathly afraid of spiders. I would also say that zombies are a motivator. I want to make as much art, and try to inspire and motivate as many other people as I can before the zombie apocalypse.

      6. That is very hard, I dont have a lot of experience with many different forms, but it would really be a tie between graphite pencils and acrylic paint.

      7. Surprisingly I don't have something that really can be summed up like you can with yours, it changes. One day I could watch a movie - How to Train Your Dragon - for example and draw dragons, or attempt to, and then I go back to owls, or celebrities. I have a folder on my desktop of artists and other things that I find very attractive artistically. One of which is a drawing of a doe rotting, then another is of jellyfish in the water, also fruit, and mermaids, and zombies, and graffiti. So you could say it's weird in a lot of ways because of that.

      8. Well you mentioned it here, I have one already that I've drawn, but yes I most certainly would. I have very strong reasons behind both of my tattoos, and I have a third in mind. I would never ever get a tattoo just because "I like it" I will always have a reason for it. And if I have the capability to draw what I want for it I will have an even stronger connection to the artwork.

      9. That would be a very fun show indeed. I have two different things that I would like for a show, they would be two different shows. First for all of my owls, and birds, and animals in general I would want to try and have some of the real life animals present. With wildlife caretakers present as well of course, I think it would be very interesting to see a drawing of an owl, with an owl, and likewise with any other animals in the show. This one would be specific on my pencil drawings, I would want black walls, floor, and ceiling, with my drawings hanging up on the walls, the only lighting would be a spotlight on each piece, so that the only focus would be on the drawings, not necessarily myself, or the other people there.

      10. I'm a Scorpio  November 21, 1992
      Visit Alicia's Art Blog: http://screechowls.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Laurie. I really enjoyed your questions, and you really made me think about the answers, even though they're simple questions!!

    ReplyDelete