Thursday, April 11, 2013

A new face

I'm attempting a new face care regimen, with all products that are not tested on animals of course. I've only got one day down- but my skin does feel very fresh.
I use Walgreens Shea baby wipes, then Seventh Generation Lavender makeup remover & facial cleansing cloths followed by a few swipes of Dickenson's Witch Hazel.
If my skin gets dry I use Bio Oil, I adore Bio Oil it got rid of scars I had & has made my complexion more even looking.

As soon as I did this regimen, my pimples did open up and my skin calmed down quite a bit. 

When my face is breaking out really bad I use Revlon Photo ready primer in a lavender shade- harkening back to the Victorian Era when women used lavender tinted powders to correct many facial coloring problems. They often used T Le'Clerc powder, I cannot afford such so I was overjoyed when Revlon started making a lavender primer! Then I put in a little Revlon Photoready Airfoam makeup. I believe it's called Airfoam- it puffs up like mousse and goes on so light & does not clog my pores.
I finish it off with Revlon cream blush (rouge) and a light dusting of either Physicians Formula color correcting translucent powder or Physicians Formula highlighter for all skin types.

A trick I discovered to making my made up face look really pretty & polished is to use a powder blush the same shade as you use on your cheeks & swipe a light layer on your eyelids and finish it off with eyeliner & mascara. It looks polished without looking too done up. For the days when I'm way too busy or tired for a smoky eye! Which by the way is my favorite.

I use Revlon or Wet N' Wild lipstick, usually in red. I adore red lipstick! I do however own pink, peach, & nude lipstick for when I'm feeling less bold- but generally those poor lipsticks sit alone in their tubes because I'm always grabbing my red lipsticks! It comes from my Grandma, she always had on bright pink or cherry red lipstick & I thought & still do think that that is just the bees knees.


If you don't wear makeup you may find this post a bit boring but I strongly believe in animal rights & want to show that you can look beautiful using only makeup not tested on animals.



No comments:

Post a Comment