Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wistful Victorian?

Why do I call my blog, & myself a "Wistful Victorian"? There are so many reasons.
The biggest reason I feel is that, in today's day & age, manners are being thrown out the window- so is our societies moral compass. I pride myself on learning something new everyday, and trying to be the best I can be each day. Not only for myself but for the people around me. Do not get me wrong, I am by no means a push over nor do I care completely what others think of me, I just feel that what you put out into the world is a signal for how others should treat you. 
I am polite & diplomatic because that is how I want to be treated. I dress modestly because I want people to get to know me before passing judgement. I do not stare rudely at others, and dressing modestly also helps me because it signals to others that they should not stare rudely at me and invites less lascivious comments directed towards me. 
In the Victorian Era, modesty and manners were of great importance in daily life. I feel we could, in our world now, do with a revival of these morals.
Besides me holding modesty & manners in such a high regard, I also love the opulence and the way Victorians approached their world with curiosity & the willingness to learn. I love learning, and I truly believe you learn something new each day. Wether it be something in school, or something as simple as finding a new food you enjoy. 
I felt the need to write this because with the recent Easter season, and me working in retail, I have experienced the extent to which our society deems horrid behavior acceptable. It is relieving to write this down and get my opinion out there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment