Tuesday, July 16, 2013

(Life) The new Buffalo waterfront, Miss Josie's Antiques & the Army Navy Outlet

One of my favorite stores in all of Buffalo is Miss Josie's Antiques on Delaware in Kenmore. This store is the most amazing vintage store I have ever seen! They have clothing from the 1800's all the way up to more current vintage. 
I always love trying on everything when I go there & taking pictures of myself in all the clothes that I wish were mine! 
A very fluffy lovely feather shrug- I felt so luxurious. 
A beautifully detailed vintage bed jacket, that I ended up purchasing. I think it will look very unique with jeans and very pretty over a dress. 
Another one of my favorite things in Buffalo is the new waterfront development that has been going on! It's so thrilling, I love my city so much and I'm glad it's going through a revival. 
These pictures are from the waterfront from Ghallager Beach down to Times Beach Nature Preserve. 
I collect feathers, so needless to say I was thrilled to find all these. 
They have pieces from an old building set up to form a sculpture/seating area- pretty neat. 
A view of Downtown through a field by the Lake. 
The moving sculptures are so cool! 
A closer view. 
My Ma & I! She is honestly one of my best friends ever. When we hang out, she's so much fun I forget sometimes that she is older than me & my Ma. She feels like my friend whom I can always trust. I mean, we have our days just as all parents & children do when we don't get along as well- but 99% of the time we do get along. I'm very blessed to have her in my life.
Lastly, on one of my adventures I went to the Army/Navy surplus outlet right off of Seneca Street. I am forever and always coming back to shop here. They have really snappy basics and really durable bags/backpacks. Honestly how could you expect anything less from our countries finest? 
I purchased a wool sweater & an old army shirt with some patches still on it. I know the sweater does not fit into my no new clothes challenge (which is going excellent by the way) but it does support the men & women who keep us free. 
Here are a few pictures from the outlet, they are kind of silly: 
All kinds of uniforms/clothing from many different countries. 
They had these funny little hats there! And these pretty intense helmets: 
I highly recommend visiting here. 
And, if you haven't been to Buffalo, it's a great city with a small town feel. That sounds contradictory but it's true. We have tons of Mom & Pop shops here and the country or Lake is only a short drive away. Buffalove! 

No comments:

Post a Comment