Friday, November 9, 2012

What I Wore:: Pattern Mixing, & My Best Friend

My bestfriend in this whole wide world is Poco the Chihuahua- my furry friend whom I adopted 11 years ago.
He has been there for me through middle school, high school, college & everything in between.
He is a purebred Chihuahua but rather large! The breeder could not use him for show, so thankfully fate brought us together & we adopted him.
His favorite things are playing fetch, taking car rides, exploring new lands! (aka parks & our ever expanding gardens) and kissing everyone & everything. He is very affectionate & protective, and quite the character. He likes to steal things, and open his treat cabinet.
He adores baths and goes to a doggy spa where he loves everyone and gets treated like a little king!

This is my little love, Poco-Bisquit:

 
By the way, thats my Daddy holding Mr.Poe.

Poco is a tad chubby, thats because he gets seizures and his medicine makes him retain weight & makes him very hungry. We take him to the vet regularly so they can check his cholesterol levels and his overall health. So far he has been doing great! He has not had a seizure for about a year, before that he had them so bad he couldn't eat, walk or get up to go to the bathroom! It was so scary, we took him to the vet & they have been giving him his seizure medicine ever since.

Chihuahuas are prone to seizures, so if you are looking to adopt one remember you may have high vet bills. Also, they bark alot, I mean A LOT. So, be prepared. Never adopt a dog just because you think they are cute (Poe is SO cute) we were prepared- we researched Chihuahuas extensively and talked to the breeder about the best care & attention to give to a chihuahua. 

This is the outfit I wore the day I took these pictures of Mr. Poco:
Shirt: Thrifted
Sweater: Thrifted
Skirt: Thrifted
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Walmart




These pictures were taken in my art studio, that I rent out all on my own- so proud of myself! Well, technically I have 2 studio mates- a wonderful retired art teacher & a very acomlpished photographer, but I have my OWN space that I can do ANYTHING with! Its so much fun, I'm so thankful I can have my studio!



No comments:

Post a Comment