Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Is this an only child thing?

I was talking with my boyfriend about how whenever anyone I know comes over, I get nervous because I'm worried I'm not fun or my house isn't fun.
I don't have these expectations placed on my friends, why do I do it to myself?
All my friends have siblings- except for 2 people at work, could this be why? Since I'm an only child I'm not used to having people my age in my home so I get nervous it's somehow weird?
My boyfriend thought this was a strong possibility, he said he never expects to do anything super crazy- just relax & chill & talk, that made me feel 100 times better.
Maybe what I'm feeling is related to being an only child, but I promised I would not feel like that anymore, because after all, my lovely boyfriend said m great just how I am. :)

2 comments:

  1. not a only child thing, maybe from living a sheltered life or people around you always being very nervous and uncomfortable when you were a child

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sheltered when I was a child- quite the opposite, & no one was especially nervous- but I can defiantely see where you are coming from.
    I think I just tend to overthink a lot of things

    ReplyDelete