Monday, August 27, 2012

Day off with my dog

My dog, Poco is my best friend. He is a chihuahua that's rather inquisitive & very silly.
I had the day off with him & after playing fetch with him I decided on a whim to look up a homemade dog treat recipe. I found a simple one at this link: http://www.bullwrinkle.com/Assets/Recipes/Peanut%20Butter%20Puppy%20Poppers.htm

There are only a few ingredients & I had all of them. I made the dough and was surprised at how many treats I got out of it! I made them wee so they could easily be chewed by my little dog. Still I think if someone made them for a large dog they would still get lots of treats.
As I was baking them my whole house smelled like peanut butter cookies- my mouth was literally watering over the smell of dog treats- hilarious I thought. So if they smelled this good I figured Poco would love them!!!
Also as they were baking I decided to take a picture of my Poe next to a can of baking spray- to show his size & pretend he was helping me. He seemed to like it, and he was sniffing like a mad man so I think he was loving the smell of the treats as much as I was.
The recipe said to bake them for 20 minutes but I did for only 15 & they came out good. They looked like peanut butter cookies for little elves!!
I put them on a dinner plate to cool, rather than leaving them on the hot baking sheet. They felt very puffy with a slight crunchiness- perfect for Poco!
I could squish them slightly with my finger so I knew they would be easy for him to eat.
The biscuits were a hit!!! Poco loved them & I loved baking them.


No comments:

Post a Comment