Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Best Friend

My best friend is my adopted baby Poco-Bisquit the Chihuahua.
As i write this Poco is currently sulking because he hates the rain, and I had to scold him for snipping at me. He only did it because he was frightened and he has seizures which affect his brain. I don't blame him, but he has to learn.
Aside from the rare outburst of out-of-character aggression, by BFF is the best lil dude ever!
I adopted him when I was in 6th grade, when he was 12 weeks old.
He was so small I could hold him in one hand!
Before adopting Mr.Poco, I lived with another lovely dog, Sam, whom I viewed as my big brother. We grew up together, he was one year older than I. He passed away at the age of 13 years and 1 day old.
I was distraught, I stopped talking to everyone and became so introverted that my 6th grade teacher called my home to report my sullen behavior to my parents.
They decided there was only one thing to do, let me choose a dog to adopt, a dog that would be my best friend and help me through my tough time.
We went to a dog show and met the man selling Poco, we visited his home & he let Poco out of the cage he was in with his Mommy & his twin sister.
Poco ran right onto my lap!!! Then promptly he got off and took a pee on a table leg- even though he knew how to use a wee wee pad (a kind of litterbox of sorts for dogs too tiny to go outside in the winter).
I knew he was my new best friend. He was full of the dickens like me, and he had red hair like me!
We brought him home and hilarity has ensued for the past 11 years.
He is a goofy little creature, just like me.
I love him so much, even if he acts like a honey badger sometimes <3
 







No comments:

Post a Comment