Monday, June 3, 2013

(Art Days) Sold!

I sold three paintings the other day! I'm so excited!! Of course I took a picture too. 
Also, since I've cleaned my room that was a horrid mess I've been making a lot more art- yay!! I blogged about it because hopefully it will guilt me into keeping it clean and/or inspire someone else who has trouble keeping their art supplies & clothing seperate from one another, to do something about that. 
(Yes I'm rather dorky-just deal with it) 

Besides all that, I've been pondering the idea of opening an Etsy shop or possibly selling my original drawings. I'm unsure how well I would do, since I'm just starting out. & selling my original drawings seems very strange to me. 
Is it better to take my chances or keep my prints until the day comes that I sell them? 
My prints are fun, I've got ones of musicians & of Matt Smith- the eleventh doctor. Should I keep them- should I open an Etsy & sell them. Ugh I honestly cannot decide! 
Perhaps I can sell them at my show in January, along with my paintings? This is what I want to do, make art that I want to & sell it- but at the same time it's very a very daunting & nerve racking prospect. I believe in myself, and I want to do so well. I just graduated in December so I know I'm doing good for myself- but still I want to be even better. It's good to be motivated, I'm thankful I'm so motivated- I just hope others will love my art as much as I do. 
These thoughts run through my head at least 100 times a day, as well as ideas for new art, more art like the kind I've been making, thoughts on how art I've created in the past can inspire my art now... Oy vey! It's wonderful, but there are not enough hours in the day. There should be though, the day needs to be longer. 
And there should be a gallery for "new artists" where they can automatically exhibit their works & get some exposure. 
Did you hear that God? It's me Lauren. (Yes I just typed that). 
And with that, enjoy this picture that makes me so happy & very proud of myself: 

No comments:

Post a Comment