Thursday, June 20, 2013

(Life) No New Clothes Update & About Blogging

Recently, I was watching the Today Show & they said blogging is an excellent way to build up your reputation! Well well, I am doing another thing right with this blog of mine. 
They said it's the best way for people to get to know you aside from talking to you because they are regarded as truthful glimpses into a person's life. Often times second hand information is very un-reliable so reading something one typed out on their own is considered very reliable. 
Yay for blogging!
My no new clothes challenge is going swimmingly, I've only bought a new pair of shoes, two cami's & a basic tee-shirt. I wear out my tee shirts so quickly since I generally always have one on underneath a cardigan or my work shirt. Also, I have only bought them on sale or from a thrift store. I love thrift stores because it helps the local community, & you get cute clothes for great prices. & who in their right minds do not love a good sale?
I am going to be getting rid of some of my especially worn in shoes- le shock!
I normally will wear shoes until they have holes, but I figure it's time to grow up & let them go. 
That hobo-chic thing was cute when I was a care-free kid- but now I just look like a hobo.
I was thinking of sharing a piece of my current wardrobe & writing a little bit about it once in a while on my blog here- just to honor my no new clothes challenge & hopefully help me get inspired to wear the pieces & put them together with other items in new ways. 
This seems kind of odd for my blog, which basically is mostly about my art, but honestly how you dress yourself each day reflects who you are- just as your artwork does. 
About my art, here is a picture of one of my drawings in progress. It's coming along slowly but I'm really liking it.
So far the materials I've used are pencil & acrylic paint. I free handed this without reference because sometimes I just want to create something really unique, not just copy something over. 
Also, I've been trying my hand at another one of the Albright Knox's photography contests- inspired by Andy Goldsworthy. Here's a few of my entries so far, you can see the rest on my Instagram: @Wistful_Victorian::
That's about all for the moment, but as usual that changes so fast because I'm always keeping busy & having new ideas pop up in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment