Tuesday, June 4, 2013

(Life) Tuesday Tunes Day & 700 Cats

I'm going to the Goo Goo Dolls concert this August! I'm so excited, I've seen them about 6 times now- they're my ultimate favorite band! So this Tuesday I've decided to post some of my favorite songs by them. 
As I'm typing this, I'm watching the documentary "The Lady With 700 Cats". She is honestly slightly crazy I think but in the best way. This woman has a no kill shelter- complete with human sized beds for the kitties! We need more people like her. 
She takes in other animals too it seems- judging from the incredible amount of doggies walking alongside her. 
Apparently this documentary first aired in 2011- I've never seen it before! How?? I just googled the sanctuary- it's still open thank God! Here is the link:
This woman is incredible, I'm in awe as I'm watching this!! 
 She has the means & a team helping her. The means being money & a team being people who know how to properly care for the cats- including vets. She's not just some crazed woman going into this half cocked. 
Kind of a random post, yes. But Goo Goo Dolls + animals= the best stuff ever.
ps: check out this great post by Kaylah of The Dainty Squid about Niagara Falls & Buffalo! Also, check out Elycia's post of <3 Elycia about Buffalo & Niagara Falls!!
Buffalo, Niagara Falls & the surrounding towns up here in WNY have so much to offer- way more than snow. This area & the cities often get a bad rap as "dying" cities & communities. We are not as big as NYC- but we have great small towns, architecture & history. There are THE BEST antique shops up here, as well as amazing food
So, come & visit us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment