Wednesday, June 5, 2013

(Life) Thoughts on Creativity

I am always thinking of ways to be more creative. Why? because my job is to be creative, I need to be creative in order to make new art, being creative helps me in all areas of my life. But sometimes I need a little help with this.
What to do when I cannot seem to think of anything, when I feel as if I am stuck?
I take lots of pictures wherever I go, I talk to my friends about my ideas and I just force myself to put myself out there and be myself.
Taking pictures gives me a physical reminder of the things that inspire me. Talking to my friends is always fun, and having the perspective of others keeps my ideas fresh. By being myself, well sometimes it can be scary but it's always better than ending the day knowing I didn't let myself be me.
I also watch TV that takes thought to watch, the Discovery Channel, BBC,  things like those. Garbage TV helps no one. As does watching TV too much. If I watch TV too much I get lazy, and also if I go on social media too much I get nervous. It's not natural to be so connected to everyone. I remember the times before social media- gasp! People had a few people they were close with & kept in regular contact with- and people had.... alone time! Now, everyone knows everything about everyone & can get in touch with everyone anytime of the day.
By choice I do not have Facebook on my phone, I do not check it everyday. I don't constantly text people, I actually do go places & never look at my phone, I have days where I don't talk to anyone besides my parents & my dog. Seriously, alone time is good for the soul. Especially in today's time where everyone is hyper connected.
These are just my thoughts, take them or leave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment