Sunday, May 19, 2013

1920's Wool Sweater

I recently purchased a US Navy sweater from an antique shop by my home. The lady at the shop said it was from either the 20's or 30's but could not remember exactly what the seller had told her. 
I loved the sweater so it didn't matter that much to me, but I did become curious & decided to do some further research. 
I posted up this picture on Instagram 
And a young man from Michigan, he tried on a sweater just like it that day! said that he was told it was from the 1920's or 1930's. 
I then went to the wizard of Google & found all these great pictures of my sweater on men from the 19-teens & 1920's! Get ready for a flood of awesome old photos:(which I do not own or did not take)::


My sweater does not have that snazzy tie.
I think it's so fun that I've found a sweater from a pivotal point not only in American History, but world history! 
Come Fall, or possibly a sooner chilly day- it is Buffalo after all- I cannot wait to wear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment