Sunday, May 26, 2013

ifb

I've been accepted as an Independent Fashion Blogger!
Now, I have more confidence to create posts about my wardrobe however I choose to.
It may sound funny- but no matter how confident you are, getting some recognition for what you like to do is a great thing, a really great thing.

Also, I've been going through my posts from the past year and deleting the ones I had not really thought out- or ones that I personally think do not represent my point of view as clearly as I would like.
When I interviewed Brandon Boyd for one of my illustration assignments, he said that everything he does, is connected in some way. All of his creative projects are all intertwined.

At the time, I thought it was pretty incredible that one person had so much confidence to stand behind their idea so much that they weren't afraid of letting it into each part of their life. I thought- what if I tried this? I'd change my mind so much!! I'd drive myself nuts!
However I realize I was just looking at it wrong. I've found that having a theme to your life & creative endeavors can consist of many ideas- and that it is actually very grounding & calming when you figure out how to incorporate that theme into all that you do. I'm still figuring out ways to do this to this day, it's an ongoing process & I learn as I go along.

Speaking of someone making a theme to their life, Kate from Scathingly Brilliant does it very well!
I was just reading her blog, & thought I would share this with all of you. It's a post about her kitty- & it is very beautiful. After you read it, be sure to browse the rest of her pretty pastel blog.
http://www.scathingly-brilliant.blogspot.com/2013/05/remembering.html#idc-container


No comments:

Post a Comment