Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Summer 2013

This summer, since I do not have to put up with all the craziness from my undergrad school anymore, I am looking forward to enjoying my time. I made this list because it's always easier to stick to goals if you can see them written down- at least this is true for me.
Cooking is a creative thing, and being able to cook lots of things is fun & will serve me well in life. I love leeks of all things & want to make a recipe my Mom found, and I'd love to perfect homemade guacamole! 
Last summer I didn't get a chance to read much, so this summer I want to read a few books. Nothing crazy, not 50 books or anything- just a few books so I can learn some new things.
I love my mixed media paintings, and want to try something a little different for me. Drawing people is one of my favorite things ever to do- so trying to paint one seems like a natural next step.
My doggie, he is a wee bit plump. He is loosing weight thanks to the weight loss plan I wrote up for him- but I'd like to create a game that he'd enjoy playing outside where he can run about.
Speaking of my Poco running about, I want to exercise more not to loose weight but to maintain my figure & just for the fact that exercising is good for me. I really cannot go outside too much during the middle of the day when the sun is at it's highest-but I was toying with the idea of taking walks in the morning. It's peaceful then & not as sunny- so I won't get burned.
I really admire other bloggers/artists that can take creative self portraits. Getting the camera timer just right and posing just right is an artform I've yet to get a grasp on. This summer I'm going to try, maybe with hilarious results but I'm going to keep on trying until I start to get it right!
Finally, exploring more places is just a given. Wether it's places I've been before or a new place- I learn something new each time & get inspiration. 
Speaking of learning new things- today is day two of my five month self imposed ban on buying clothes. Honestly, I keep thinking about it- but I feel I can do it no problem. I'm looking forward to how creative I can get (well hopefully). Here is a great blog by a girl named Maeve about her adventures with a no new clothes challenge! 
(Ps: her hair is fantastic.)
Phew! long post. I'm looking forward to this summer for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment