Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Becoming a Better Blogger

I just read a great article by Melissa of Freeing Imperfections about the "5 Secrets of Successful Blogging".
I'm basically doing what she said, apart from commenting on other blogs- I need to do that more (I'm so shy!) & I realized that sharing my personal life more is a good thing- not a whiny complain-y thing.
So, I've committed myself to doing these two things more. 
Beginning with this post! Hello, what blogger really wants to admit they are doing things wrong? Well, yes I am & honestly everyday I learn something new & I'm glad I learned this! 
I also learned about the importance of comment moderation. Lately, I've been getting comments from an anonymous source that honestly I do not understand nor feel comfortable with. So, I turned on comment moderation. I was hoping I didn't need to do this- however it is necessary.
I also learned that keeping a calendar for my blog would be a very useful thing, as would writing down ideas for posts.
What really stuck with me also, was how she said that most bloggers are just everyday people, not superhuman or anything. 
I would recommend reading her post on blogging tips to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment